Google Seattle, WA
Software Engineer Google Maps for Android Aug 2016 - Present
Google Seattle, WA
Software Engineering Intern Google Maps for Android May 2015 - Aug 2015
- Built two production ready features that both ended up launching.
- Turned a slide deck mockup into a fully functioning feature touching each piece of Google's multi-tiered directions stack.
- Designed and implemented a completely new data format for the internal Google Maps Directions API.
- Prototyped 3 different ideas for a directions UI improvement and fully implemented one of them.
AskU College Station, TX
Software Engineer Platform/Mobile App Sept 2014 - May 2015
- Startup that builds localized communities on web and mobile that connect students with questions with students that have the answers.
- Developed on the mobile platform built with Angular and Ionic framework.
- Designed and executed 5 A/B test experiments that increased user activation and retention.
Google Mountain View, CA
Software Engineering Intern Java Platform May 2014 - Aug 2014
- Maintained and improved Google's fork of OpenJDK7 (Java, JNI, and C++)
- Created an intuitive visualization for engineers to gauge their garbage collection performance
- Added numerous tooling interfaces to give projects new perspectives on performance data
Notequill College Station, TX
Co-Founder Feb 2013 - Mar 2014
- Designed and engineered the platform from the ground up using PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, and RedbeanPHP
- Co-Invented provisional patent application #61/847,713 "Note Recorder System and Method" filed July 18, 2013
DATATRAK International Bryan, TX
Software Developer Associate I Jan 2013 - Mar 2014
- Made necessary platform changes to replace antiquated Oracle Toplink with JPA/EclipseLink
- Optimized JSP display times as much as 250% with the help of JProfiler
Technologies: Git, Angular, Google Closure, Elasticsearch, Eclipse, Laravel