Software Engineer III • Austin, TX • Google Play Services (GMS Core) • Oct 2018 – Present
- Modularized our code base by splitting up monolithic build targets into finer grained targets and optimizing compile-time binary variant calculations. These improve build time, reduce overall technical debt, and automate configuration.
- Improved GmsCore module release flexibility through several new features including versioned prebuilts, cross-Android-user module feature sharing, improved after-boot/after-upgrade module availability latency, and introduced virtual placebos to reduce noise in system health metrics via control/treatment experiments while simultaneously reducing the cost of deployment to user devices.
- Modernized and stabilized code base by integrating Google Guava collections where appropriate and refactoring tests with Google Truth and Robolectric libraries.
Software Engineer III • Seattle, WA • Google Maps for Android (aGMM) • Oct 2017 – Sept 2018
- Designed and documented an end-to-end notification feature for Google Maps for Android and hosted two Google EP interns who successfully implemented and demoed the feature at the end of their summer internship.
- Implemented client side and a significant amount of server-side code to double the number of eligible commute notifications users (XX million DAU).
- Implemented four separate experiments to improve quality and CTR metrics for commute notifications. All four improved our internal quality metric.
Software Engineer II • Seattle, WA • Google Maps for Android (aGMM) • Aug 2016 – Oct 2017
- Implemented new traffic-jam rendering logic and a brand new traffic-polyline generator that integrated with the map rendering team's brand new APIs.
- Launched a new traffic incident inspection card which integrated three new pieces of incident metadata in over 20 languages.
- Fixed two major accessibility issues within aGMM; one in the directions page header and one relating to TalkBack behavior within a scrolling view.
- Launched an Android shortcut and in-app promo for it in aGMM. The promo gets a 7% CTR. The shortcut is responsible for about 6% of all external invocations of the app to the traffic hub screen in aGMM.
Software Engineering Intern • Seattle, WA • Google Maps for Android (aGMM) • May 2015 – Aug 2015
- Built two production ready features that both ended up launching.
- Turned a mock from a slide deck into a fully functioning feature touching each piece of Google's multi-tiered directions stack.
- Designed and implemented a new data format for the internal Google Maps Directions/Navigation API.
- Prototyped 3 different ideas for a directions UI improvement and fully implemented one of them.
Software Engineering Intern • Mountain View, CA • Java Platform • May 2014 – Aug 2014
- Designed and implemented a web-based visualization to see real-time JVM heap stats.
- Improved a garbage collection event serialization HTTP endpoint to export data for the visualization.
- Added a prototype monitoring interface to the JVM to classify different kinds of internal JVM memory usage.
Software Engineer • College Station, TX • Platform/Mobile App • Sept 2014 – May 2015
- Implemented and launched several features on the mobile platform built with Angular and Ionic framework.
- Designed and executed 5 A/B test experiments that increased user activation and retention.
Co-Founder • College Station, TX • Feb 2013 – Mar 2014
- Designed and engineered the platform from the ground up using PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, and RedbeanPHP.
- Co-Invented provisional patent application #61/847,713 "Note Recorder System and Method" filed July 18, 2013.
Software Developer Associate I • Bryan, TX • Jan 2013 – Mar 2014
- Made necessary platform refactorings to replace platform ORM Oracle Toplink with JPA/EclipseLink.
- Improved JSP display by 250+% across the platform by fixing an i18n bug I found using JProfiler.
- Sped up an enormous release by helping document product requirements and performing integration testing.
Strong/Recent: Java, Python, Protobuf, Android, Robolectric, Google Guava, Truth, Bazel, Git
Past: Angular, Elasticsearch