Senior Software Engineer • Austin, TX • Google Play services • Nov 2020 – Present
Software Engineer III • Austin, TX • Google Play services • Oct 2018 – Nov 2020
- Realized new distribution methods for Google Play services module releases. Provide support and work directly with contributor teams to troubleshoot and add custom features.
- Modernized and stabilized our code base by integrating Google Guava collections where appropriate.
- Writing and refactoring rich unit, integration, and Android instrumentation tests using Google Truth, Robolectric, and Mockito.
- Landed several features with end-to-end ownership: design, development, deployment, documentation, monitoring, and experimental analysis.
Software Engineer III • Seattle, WA • Google Maps for Android • Oct 2017 – Sept 2018
- Designed and documented an end-to-end notification feature for Google Maps for Android and hosted two Google EP interns who successfully implemented and demoed the feature at the end of their summer internship.
- Implemented client side and a significant amount of server-side code to double the number of eligible commute notifications users (XX million DAU).
- Implemented four separate experiments to improve quality and CTR metrics for commute notifications. All four improved our internal quality metric.
Software Engineer II • Seattle, WA • Google Maps for Android • Aug 2016 – Oct 2017
- Implemented new traffic-jam rendering logic and a brand new traffic-polyline generator that integrated with the map rendering team's brand new APIs.
- Launched a new traffic incident inspection card which integrated three new pieces of incident metadata in over 20 languages.
- Fixed two major accessibility (TalkBack focus) issues in Google Maps - a useability bug in the directions page header and one within scrolling view.
- Launched an Android shortcut (with in-app promotion) to increase usage of a new traffic hub screen.
Software Engineering Intern • Seattle, WA • Google Maps for Android • May 2015 – Aug 2015
- Built two production ready features that both ended up launching.
- Turned a mock from a slide deck into a fully functioning feature touching each piece of Google's multi-tiered directions stack.
- Designed and implemented a new data format for the internal Google Maps Directions/Navigation API.
- Prototyped 3 different ideas for a directions UI improvement and fully implemented one of them.
Software Engineering Intern • Mountain View, CA • Java Platform • May 2014 – Aug 2014
- Designed and implemented a web-based visualization to see real-time JVM heap stats.
- Improved a garbage collection event serialization HTTP endpoint to export data for the visualization.
- Added a prototype monitoring interface to the JVM to classify different kinds of internal JVM memory usage.
Software Engineer • College Station, TX • Platform/Mobile App • Sept 2014 – May 2015
- Implemented and launched several features on the mobile platform built with Angular and Ionic framework.
- Designed and executed 5 A/B test experiments that increased user activation and retention.
Co-Founder • College Station, TX • Feb 2013 – Mar 2014
- Designed and engineered the platform from the ground up using PHP, MySQL, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, and an ORM.
- Co-Invented provisional patent application #61/847,713 "Note Recorder System and Method" filed July 18, 2013.
Software Developer Associate I • Bryan, TX • Jan 2013 – Mar 2014
- Refactored the platform to allow us to update the ORM from Oracle Toplink to JPA/EclipseLink.
- Reduced JSP display latency by 250+% across the platform by fixing a system health bug I found using JProfiler.
- Sped up an enormous release by helping document product requirements and performing integration testing.
Strong/Recent: Java, Python, Protobuf, Android, Robolectric, Google Guava, Google Truth, Bazel, Starlark, Git